Sunday, April 19, 2009

Time Consumed, Tired, But Happy

What a month it has been, and I apologize for the length in between blogs. Between putting in some serious hours travelling all over Western Canada for work, and promoting AWE's VINDICATION, I have not had a whole lot of time to blog. For that I'm sorry, blogging is great therapy.

So, I must say, I'm hugely happy with the response from VINDICATION, both the positive and negative feedback. Some people don't believe this, but it's true, I like when people say negative things about my efforts, or results. I am in a position in the wrestling business where my efforts are right there to be critiqued and if I didn't have a thick skin I'd be in the wrong business. Josh, Tim, and some fans that I absolutely respect, have stated that a slideshow presentation "WENT WAY TOO FAR!" And now a group of very loyal fans may never attend a Mike Davidson production again.

I am in the unique position to write an angle that actually gets people's blood boiling. I can reference Premier Championship Wrestling or PCW in any way I want to on my show, and there isn't a thing that a rival promoter can say or do about it. Why? Because Premier Championship Wrestling is not actually a registered entity to Andrew Shallcross, it's registered and incorporated by a former associate, and very close friend of mine Jeff Dyck. Don't believe me, do a name search at the Corporations Branch on Broadway. What I'm saying is very very legitimate. So now, if I want to totally badmouth, piss on, job out "PCW" I have a full and legal green light to do so. And every fan of Shallcross' shows can say it's immature, it's unprofessional, and it's over the line. True, I don't deny that. But here we are 4 days after the show, and its still being talked about, and has people angry. Guess what, if every angle got this type of reaction, bookers everywhere would be extatic. As I am right now.

Will fans that support Andrew Shallcross presented wrestling, continue to support my show? Maybe. Right now they say no fucking way, but I am the only promoter likely to bring in their favorite imports. I am the only promoter, likely to have the balls enough to inspire the question "What the hell is that asshole going to do next." Well to believe it you will have to see it. Andrew did an amazing job setting me up as a heel in this situation. Adam Knight throws a punch at me in a bar, Jay Walker goes out on Halloween and portrays me, with a painted on black eye, and it's considered clever and funny. I book Wayne Stanton to go out, with a slideshow, to the song Bad Day (and believe me there have been many bad days over there), and I'm over the line? OK, that's cool, I'm ok with that. Everyone in the business wants to be a heel.

PCW will continue to exist. Mike Arnott will continue to represent the best interests of PCW and Jeff Dyck. AWE will continue to laugh at PCW. And Andrew Shallcross will continue to promote a product as something he has no legal right to do so, and continue to lose his grasp on reality.

Fans will be appaulled by the level of bullshit. Some may even stop following the product? Lets hope not. But I don't understand it. In the late 90's competition, pride and determination made the business overall better. 3 or 4 years of Shallcross running un-challenged made the local business pretty stale. CWE came along and offered a better and fresher product. Will anyone say Petey Williams vs. Rick Matthews, Mentallo vs. Bryan Danielson, the ladder-match 3 way, were anything short of the best three matches in the City so far this year?

Critics can shit on my show, they always do. I don't take offense. You bought tickets, I appreciate you business and support, and I've even engaged in pretty open and long conversations with Josh and Tim about why I believe an edgy product will do wonders for the local scene. Time will tell if I'm right.

I offer absolutely no apologies.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what you are saying is Andrew has been mis leading the fans for years by advertising his company as PCW?

Anonymous said...

Mike your show sucked and not because of the over the top bullshit PCW bashing. THE TALENT SUCKED the matches were long boring and barly any of them hit the spots. The wrestling Idol was smoke break time, your ring announcer whoever the fuck he was sucked was never even introduced and he was even talking shit about the product! Nothing was set up for next show other then a competitor bashing program, don't get me wrong I don't even give a shit about who you want to bash but for fuck sakes come up with something original! Book some good story lines and some good workers. I think RMe draws bigger then this show did, it was really pathetic I was on the second floor and I did a head count of 30 people and I later found out that most of them were wresters or the wrestlers ring rats! Wavels family looked like they took up half of the 40 chairs downstairs, thats not even saying that all 40 were even filled 75% filled max. It was sad, I even felt bad for you.

The one thing that I didnt understand was all the PCW bashing then bringing out a PCW star in Mentallo, kind of made him look like an idiot dont you think. Mike I know you will say that "i might not see him in a Andrew Shallcross presented wrestling show" but based on his performance at AWE I don't think I want to see him. He was lazy just like Duggan at the show, Mentallo has lost his touch!

For your information Petey and Rick sucked I don't know if you actually got to see the match based on your opinion but Rick can't keep up to someone of Peteys calibre, rick was just holding the match back preventing a good show for the fans.

Mentallo vs. Am Drag was a great match but lets look at the big picture here, Mentallo is a PCW wrestler and other then Omega is the only wrester in the city that has the talent to wrestler someone that good (based on his performance at AWE has lost it though)

3 way ladder match was good I cant deny that, but thats been the only few good matches that these guys have all had lately because they are all getting lazy! They all used to be fun to watch and now they are stale, no matter what promotion they wrestle in they are still stale.

BOOM GOES THE DY-NO-MYTE

Josh said...

Mike, I think you have a history of some interesting booking ideas, and have a really intriguing angle going here, and I admit I am one of those people curious as to what that asshole will do next. You seem to be trying for a "War/Invasion" sort of thing, but I think you need more people than a woozy seeming Mike Arnott storming the ring to represent the other side.
What I found offensive and going too far over the line was the fact that you went onto people's Facebook pages and stole pictures of them, including girlfriends or spouses who really have nothing to do with it.
For example, why was Holly there? What does she have to do with your AWE feud with PCW? Why not find one of the many pictures of just Andrew that are out there? There was a picture of someone in there from what looked like their honeymoon, maybe Dixon? Why was that there?
That's what I find wrong, and that's what is immature, unprofessional, and over the line. I think you need to offer an apology to those people, because I can't see why you would involve them. That's my opinion.

Anonymous said...

Actually as a paying fan, Mike has been misleading himself into thinking any body cares about what he does.

You can dress a piece of shit up, but it's still a piece of shit.

Mike Davidson said...

To answer Josh's question, seeing as he was quite constructive in his viewpoint.

I didn't actually select the pictures used in the slideshow, only the song and the theme. The pics were chosen last minute, and I think they were the deemed to be the best available.

The person selecting the photos actually ribbed me in the slides by including a picture of me.

I do offer apologies to anybody not affiliated with the business who were included in the slides.

Anonymous said...

WHY the hell would a "fan" do a head count, that's pretty strange.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately this show was a pretty big letdown. I feel bad for the stars who flew in to wrestle in front of all ten people who actually cared.

Anonymous said...

I know Andrew is a dummy but are you telling me that he has been running his shows over the last few years and he didnt register the name?? I doubt even Andrew is that dumb. Is his show going to be a 'PCW' show this week??

Mike Davidson said...

2 out of the 3 stars are booked for a future date, so I don't think you need to feel sorry for any of them, or suggest they were unhappy.

One of the three was quite complimentary at the promotions ability to draw extremely attractive women. Something that CWE has done very well, but the pure wrestling product on Pembina can't seem to get a handle on.

Hmm... I wonder why.

Unknown said...

"One of the three was quite complimentary at the promotions ability to draw extremely attractive women."

$100 says I know who said that!

You can thank me later Mike for bringing the hotties!

Anonymous said...

Why wouldn't someone do a head count? If I was expecting 300 people to be at a show and I saw 70 at best I would do a head count to!

Anonymous said...

ummm just a question here....... who cares if you can draw atractive ladies to your show?

Another reason Davidson will fail this time again! So is the next show going to be 18+ attractive ladies only? Thats how you sell tickets when your ticket sales are already the shits! Just like the ring according to Road Dogg.. lol

Anonymous said...

You know its kinda funny so far the only people that have been defending the AWE show are Mike Davidson (because can he really not defend it?) Sheldon Heath aka Sam Harris aka the shittiest ref in the biz (he just needs to keep his job) and Pinky (because her hubby was wrestling and she wants him booked again). Everyone else is either keeping quiet about it or says it was the worst thing they have ever seen in the history of winnipeg wrestling. The one thing that i want to point out is keeping all of the PCW shitting on aside... There was 60 people at the venue tops... BUT... Davidson wants to say that there was 150... you know what whatever give him and his ego that, even though everyone knows its the biggest load of shit ever. Tell me this 150 people to see New Age Outlaws and Bob Holly is that something to be proud of? I will let you be the judge.

Unknown said...

"Pinky (because her hubby was wrestling and she wants him booked again)"

I actually hate Derksen wrestling and would rather he didn't! But he's supportive of my paddling so I support him and let him do his thing :)

Anonymous said...

I thought it was an excellent show - the talent was great. and if more people knew about it - it could have packed the place.

Anonymous said...

One of the three was quite complimentary at the promotions ability to draw extremely attractive women. Something that CWE has done very well, but the pure wrestling product on Pembina can't seem to get a handle on. Guy 1: Hey, did you go to that show at Blush last week?
Guy 2: Yeah, it sucked, the matches were boring, the booking was retarded and it was terrible wrestling.
Guy 1: Did you see some pretty girls there?
Guy 2: Yea, that made it all worthwhile and I'll definitely go to their next show!

Right, Mike, that's what we're all saying.

Anonymous said...

Mike, doesn't matter what you do you will never be able to compete with Mentallo vs. Omega.

With that being said as excited as I am about the matcht tonight I am sad to see one of them go. Maybe Omega signed a contract?

If this is a bait and switch I may not attend PCW again ie. Mentallo or Omega doing a different gimmick after losing.

Mike Davidson said...

Was last Wednesday a worse day, than this Wednesday for Andrew?

Mentallo has left PCW, and the story didn't surface until event day? That's very shitty for a promoter to do to the fans.

Anonymous said...

I agree,
Sam Harris may be the Shittiest ref in the biz.

I am quite glad though, that my dreams and aspirations aren't to be a "professional referee".

And yes, my job.... Well it something I am very good at and certainly, and not something I would walk away from.

Actually for that reason, I have vowed, I will not chase a dream that destined for failure, (such as reffing,in my case, lol,)to the extent that it COSTS me my job.... and leaves me with nothing to support myself, except and unattractive wife, and a joke of a wrestling promotion.... (if, of course, I had a promotion...you get the idea though)

I would also like to point out I am not defending, but merely pointing out inaccuracies, in your attacks.

Anonymous said...

They leave Andrew for you Mike then they come back. Good to see Jeff Dyck back in town. Maybe all those outstanding bills will get paid now.

Carlos Mederios

wrestlingworld247 said...

agree with that last comment