Thursday, September 25, 2008

Secret to the Bombers, More Wrestling, and Daytime TV... Oh and some country music

I much appreciate all the posts, both positive and negative about my initial blog, of a couple of days ago. Truthfully, as Andrew Shallcross, a good old friend of mine alluded to, I appreciate attention, even the negative kind. So these people who post comments under "anonymous", saying that nobody cares what I have to say, minutes after reading my blog, particularly amuse me. Thank you.

So here's my two cents on the Bombers recent "turnaround". I explained this to my buddy Rogers Sportsnet reporter David Bastl last night. As much as it's the solid play of Kevin Glenn, a guy I say is the best QB the team has had since Matt Dunnigan, it's the play of Running Back Fred Reid that has been the spark for th turn around. Reid has benefitted from Kevin Glenn having a better clue on how to call the plays than either Offensive Coordinator Kit Cartwright and Head Coach Doug Berry, but has worked wonders when given the rock. It almost pains me to see the guy do so well, because Charles Roberts was one of my favorite Bombers of all-time, but the Blue are winning and that is all that matters. Now, here's hoping that Joe Smith can be traded for a first round draft pick on CFL's draft day or something, because that would be the feather in the cap.

I was actually beginning to wish bad things on the Bombers. Not because I was any less of a fan, but I had come to the conclusion that we would miss the playoffs either way, as I didn't forsee the Toronto implusion (which was shitty in itself, because Rich Stubler deserved better). I wanted the team to finish with a high draft pick, top 2, and with a new coach named Greg Marshall. But I will gladly suffer through Doug Berry, who I consider to be a supreme prick, if the Bombers get a shot to raise the Grey Cup.

Brendan Taman got a lot of the heat for the Bombers disasterous start. It was completely undeserved. In the offseason, Taman was shrewd in keeping the offense together, and kept Tom Canada. And minus the NFL departure of Kyries Hebert, who was a much bigger loss than anyone could have imagined, this Grey Cup finalist from last year, should have been a well oiled machine geared up to return and win it this year. Now, thanks to some lackluster coaching, the team was screwed, and the playoffs looked completely unlikely, when, Trader Taman, makes a move to bring in Zeke Moreno, who is the best Middle Linebacker in the CFL. No offense Barrin Simpson. And the free agent signing of Kai Ellis, amply replaced Tom Canada. Now if Taman figures out a way to get a first rounder on draft day he will have proven he's the best GM in the league, and that includes Eric Tillman.

So, before I get ahead of myself here. Let me boldly predict, that if the Bombers beat the Eskimos on Friday at Canad Inns stadium, which I believe they will. The Bombers will gain strength, and will beat Montreal in the Eastern Final. And will go back to glory of the Grey Cup. And I believe that this team will upset the team from the West. Who right now is too hard to call. Call it wishful thinking, but Glenn, Reid, and the receivers playing to full potential (though they have to lose the Duck Duck goose), a defense that is in good hands with Defensive Coordinator Greg Marshall, and as long as it doesn't come down to a last second field goal kick (sorry Serna not sold on you), we will do just fine.

Wrestling is a big part of my life. Duh! I was amazed I forgot to mention such esteemed wrestling companies as Savage Wrestling Entertainment which runs shows at the St. B and Teddy Bob's as a potential option for my future. I'm so desperate for work, I'll do a naked wrestling show on the corner of Portage and Main in January to stay in the business at this point, lol. Seriously. Well, there was one job I forgot to mention I was really good at, and that was Colour Commentator. And luckily it looks as though that maybe my calling, as I've been contacted about potentially doing that on a largescale project, not based in Winnipeg. So don't worry about me, I'm sure there is a new opportunity lying ahead.

Daytime TV absolutely stinks right now. The Young and The Restless, which can now be seen 3 times daily if you have Showcase Diva (damn it I just outted myself for being lame), airs it between 6pm and 7pm, has gotten so bad, like very very bad, that it's hard to stomach. I was such a Jack Abbott fan, but all the knee jerk storylines have made him seem like a loser. Michael Baldwin's dad is finally found, great, he's a hippy that nobody cares about. Victor has lost his mind, which is reflective of the creative writers having lost their minds eons ago. There isn't a hot piece of ass on that show, and hasn't been since Nicki Newman and Ashley Abbott were in their 20s, and that would be about 30 years ago. Oh, Eva Longoria (bad spelling) was on there pre-Desperate Housewives. Ok one in 30 years. Good work on the casting.

General Hospital has always been my show to watch. Gangsters carrying guns, stupid cops, and hot pieces of tale like Kelli Monaco and the girl that plays Carly give me a reason every day to smile. And for some reason Maxi does it for me as well. However, taking the best character on daytime, Sonny Corinthos, and putting him in a shitty lovestory with the worst leading lady on daytime Kate Howard has really zapped my passion for the show. It's also bad when Jason and cyber geek Spinelli have become the best scenes to watch. Bring back Vanessa Marcil, and get back to the good stuff, gun fights and things like that. Oh and Claudia Zaccara, I'd probably tap that.

I got nothing on Country music... sorry.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've got nothing you should be watching days of our lives lol that's where its at and also some ellen always makes the day better for me! go ellen degenereszh

Mike Davidson said...

For some reason, I posted Joaline's comment but it isn't showing. Not sure why, it was a very nice and supportive comment.

Days of Our Lives has one hot cougar, Hope, not Marlena. And John Black has the best facials in the business. Steve "Patch" Johnson was one of my all time favorite characters but is written badly. I do like Stephano Dimera and Tony too, but don't forsee myself juggling my schedule to catch it.

And Ellen has nothing on Dr. Phil, the best talk show host in the world. I would like to go on Dr. Phil.

Anonymous said...

and what the hell would the show title be if you were on Dr. phil??

Mike Davidson said...

Just a shot in the dark:

"Today on Doctor Phil, do you know a friend or family member who is addicted to practical jokes on you? Worse do you know a person you don't like who appreciates the agony of ribbing you constantly?"

Music, "Let's roll, this is going to be a changing day in your life".

He'd spend 10 minutes trying to change my shit disturbing ways. He'd have victims Jason Pandachuk, and various local wrestlers, not Adam Knight because I've never ribbed him. At about the 10 minute mark, he'd realise that my ribs are clever and humourous and he'd start councilling the victims by sending them to the "Jobbed Out Institute" run by a college buddy of his Doctor Mark Jobber. And we'd all have a good laugh.

That's just a thought.

Anonymous said...

Oh God..

I do like how u added the music and the "this is going to be a changing day in your life"
I actually heard it and pictured him there for a sec.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps he could move you, along with other Shit Disturbing Ribbers into the Dr. Phil House for several weeks of counselling....That would make for good TV. He would run it weekly, and you'd be able to say your the only person on TV weekly....Along with the others of course....Question is, who else would be in the house?

Sanchez

Anonymous said...

Sharon on the Y&R is damn hot. There's a bunch of young hotties on Days, particularly Chelsea and Chloe.