Friday, February 27, 2009

6 and 1/2 weeks without a blog! Damn it

I let time go. I didn't even notice that I had not wrote a blog. And that is completely uncharacteristic for me. Usually, especially in the volatile world of local pro wrestling, I like to stir something up, endorse something, bitch about something, or just say something to be heard. And then there is the world of sports, and Bomberland where so much has happened and yet, I've had so little to say. And Country Music, and ratings sweeps for General Hospital my favorite soap. And still... Nothing.

Well I wasn't ill, depressed or muzzled (as one egotistical local promoter suggested). And unlike that fellow, I am not too lazy to write a blog. Or a piece of shit as he calls everyone. And this blog is not an effort to stir it up even. Just touching base with the world.

I'm amazed at how many people suggest that my greatest efforts in wrestling were a failure. But I've covered that in other blogs. Let me say, I hope every single promoter one day gets to tackle the stress of producing a Pay Per View or secure a TV contract. I hope every promoter manages to secure nearly $10,000 in sponsors. If I wanted to run one venue for 5 years or more, and draw 80 people on my best night, and run with a crew shrinking by the day, I could have certainly survived 100 years promoting. Consider that I also would not have done any ring maintenance whatsoever, and no advertising or promoting, and never would I have booked a name. Just ran a local wrestling show, 5 matches, bad finishes, shitty angles, and no growth. I would have felt like the worlds biggest failure having done that. On the flip side, I made some of the greatest contacts ever, want me to book you a name? I'll get you the best rate on PO, an almost certain yes, never will I deal with a no-show, and for the most part I usually get the name's best performance. Unless your name is Rikishi, LOL. So looking back, I guess "surviving" seven years with a crew that with very few exceptions doesn't hold a whole lot of respect for me is the opposite of failing, I will wear my failure proudly.

Speaking of failing, Danny Duggan asked me to stop being involved with CWE. I no-showed his show last Friday night with short notice due to business commitments, and that was the reason for this. I wish him luck and offer my apology.

I think the Bombers are on pace, judging solely on their off season moves to be a 6-12 team. Our defence doesn't look near as good as last year, our Offensive line is so-so, and we have one hell of a quarterback dilemma. I think we should invite Casey Printers to camp, he could be an upgrade.

Bryan Murray, the GM of the Ottawa Senators is a complete buffoon. I believe Mike Comrie is a decent NHL forward capable of 20-30 goals annually. And Chris Campoli can move the puck from the defensive end. But a First Round Draft pick? Come on... That's almost certain to be a top 8 pick, and maybe even a top 5 pick. Well Bryan, nice knowing you. Hopefully for Sens fans, the Bob Nicholson/Pat Quinn Gm-Coach rumours ring true this summer.

3 comments:

J said...

Check out this awsome blog!

http://cautionmightbeoffensive.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

6 weeks without a blog, your better off dead!

Anonymous said...

no dice davidson. Printers is going to be wearing green this year.